Now I have to confess that I damn well knew what I was getting in to. When choosing the right mutual fund investment for me, I confidently answered the Financial Advisor at the bank’s questions:
When do you plan on accessing these funds? When I retire – 30+ years.
Are you willing to accept more risk in order to increase your returns? Yes.
What % reduction in your investment will you tolerate before selling? 10% (Not sure how I came up with that...)
So why did I still get that sinking feeling when I saw
that my investment had decreased in value? I guess because I’m such an
investment newbie and need to learn a little patience. It’s now been about one
month and the investment is no longer in the red. In fact, I’m quite pleased
with how my little investment has grown.
What I’ve learned so far about investing:
Rule 1: Don’t check the value of your investment every day or you
will drive yourself crazy. -C
No comments:
Post a Comment